Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Day of School

Elwin and I started teaching on Tuesday, September 9. We both have big classes, about 50 in each. We prepare together and team-teach when we don't have claases. It works out well as we bounced off each other's ideas, help students when needed.

We already fell in love with our students. They are very motivated, but very shy in speaking English. We, the students and us, set goals that we'd speak in English, write in English, listen to English, read in English and think in English during the 2-hour class time, and also at least 5 minutes each week doing each of the 5 skills. They have a journal log to record their progress. We talked about positive attitudes. We asked: how's your English? Most of them said: my English is poor. But, instead, they are answering: "I love to speak English", "I'm trying hard to improve my English". We saw smiles on their faces. We are going the right directions!

No comments: