We found the open market. It was very fresh. Merchants grinding soy beans to make soy milk. It won't get fresher. You just bring a bag, or a container, put it under the sprout. There you have it, fresh soy milk. You can buy the precooked soy milk, piping hot too. Then on down to the onion pancakes. You stand there and take the first one coming off the griddle. The cost is about US 25 cents per serving of pancake with an egg in it or a big bowl of soy milk. Be there before 8 AM as they run out fast.
Vendors are all along the narrow alley way. When I went Saturday morning, a wedding processing was going through the market. Started out with some black limos, followed by the stretch limo with flowers all over the hood. Too bad I didn't have the camera with me there. It was interesting as I saw vendors scrambling to put their things back towards the wall so as not to get run over by the cars. So much for socialism. It's all capitalism at work.
We saw the meat market, the fish market. both were quite gross and I walked as fast as I could forgetting to take any pictures.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



http://hillmanwonders.com/china/chinese_phrases.htm#_map_china

No comments:
Post a Comment